The size and diversity of London’s population presents a tremendous variety of health needs to care for and learn from. It also provides many opportunities to carry out research, often into diseases that are present in small numbers of people in other countries.
- In 2015 London’s population was 8.7 million – 13% of the UK’s population
- Almost 100 languages are spoken in London
- 19% of London’s workforce commute into the capital
- Between 2012 and 2029 London’s population is projected to increase by 21% and reach 10 million people
- 35% of Londoners are between 24-44 years old
Read the supporting articles and case studies on the left hand side to find out more about London’s population.