London Higher has a number of Divisions each with their own websites. London Higher ensures that these websites and their privacy statements comply with current privacy legislation.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide events and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage data
- Other information pertaining to surveys and online booking forms (e.g. dietary preferences)
How we use this data
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records (e.g. to collate attendance statistics for events).
- To contact delegates registered for organised events, workshops, seminars, conferences or other meetings.
- To improve the events and services we provide.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you emails or mailings about events, meetings and other things we think might be relevant to you.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
You have the right, under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), to request a copy of your personal information we hold, to have it corrected, deleted, or to ask us to stop using it.
Requests of this kind should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can write to us at: London Higher, Tavistock House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JJ.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with GDPR.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.londonhigher.ac.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Head of Operations
Tel: 020 7391 0688